What Sales Enablement Can Do for Your Sales Organization
Sales enablement is just as important to business success as finance, marketing and operations. But since it is a function that is still evolving, people are still trying to figure out what it really means and how to implement it in their business. Every organization has a different methodology and definition for it. So, what is sales enablement and what can it do for your business?
What is Sales Enablement?
IDC defines sales enablement as “getting the right information into the hands of the right sellers at the right time and place and in the right format to move a sales opportunity forward.”
Forrester, on the other hand, defines sales enablement as “a strategic, ongoing process that equips all client-facing employees with the ability to consistently and systematically have a valuable conversation with the right set of customer stakeholders at each stage of the customer’s problem-solving lifecycle to optimize the return of investment of the selling system.”
Bottom line? Sales enablement is empowering your sales organization to be more effective and close more deals.
What Sales Enablement Practices Can Do for the Team
- Provide buyer insight: Marketers can look into how leads are interacting with the brand online and pass that information to sales so they know which leads are worth tapping. Understanding shopping behaviors and buying motivators helps sales create a better pitch.
- Provide company insight: Marketers can also give sales a better idea about the company they are selling focusing on the decision makers (or people who stall) within an organization. Sales then knows how to navigate the hierarchy and engage with the right individuals.
- Provide individual insight: By reviewing the timeline of sales activity, reps can look for patterns and triggers that prompt a buy.
- Improve communication: With the right data on hand, sales reps can communicate the brand’s value clearly and explain brand differentiators in a more compelling story.
- Helps the team work in sync: Sales enablement processes keep all your sales reps on the same page, even as they talk to different prospects and clients,
Overall, sales enablement facilitates communication and interaction between marketing and sales departments so that each team is able to perform their functions to the best of their ability without overstepping boundaries. Salesvue helps you get there by capturing data and making it accessible and shareable. It brings synergy to the whole team with actionable reports, one-click call screens and easy-to-use campaign builders. With Salesvue, you get real-time insights into how your sales team is performing, what is being discussed in each call and the effectiveness of your campaigns. Data analysis also shows you objection patterns, so you can manage the marketing message and the sales conversation better. Request a demo today to see how we can empower your sales organization to be more effective.