As you probably know, or have firsthand experience with, sellers are some of the busiest people in the office. But their name implies that all this time is spent selling, which is not always the case. It seems like a more accurate description for some sellers would be "emailers", or "data inputters" since these tasks take up a majority of the seller’s day.
In fact, the Salesforce’s State of Sales, Third Edition highlights how only 34% of a seller’s time is directed towards selling activities. Obviously, this is not the way things should be. By utilizing Salesforce workflow automation, you will see this percentage point skyrocket as your sellers are freed up to spend more time on meaningful sales tasks.
10 Benefits of Salesforce Workflow Automation
1. Competitive Advantage - Workflow automation helps boost competitive advantage by helping increase sales, sales productivity, and forecast accuracy. By not implementing workflow automation, you risk falling behind competitors that do take advantage of this technology. If you are not helping your sellers focus on selling rather than administrative tasks, just know your competitors are already one step ahead.
2. Reliable Information - By automating processes, not only can you help ensure more accurate data, but data entry is sped up as well. Who knew you could get both quality and quantity? By getting rid of manual entry, you save reps time and help eliminate the possibility of human error. Plus, it costs less per hour for software to complete menial tasks than paying your sales reps to do them.
3. More Consistent Follow-Up - Sellers are not the only customer-facing people within your business. Marketers also help create and push content out to your audience, which means they are generating leads to be distributed to the sales team. Without Salesforce workflow automation, teams often have to manually assign these leads, which can cause leads to fall through the cracks, or leads getting multiple calls from the same rep. Make sure your CRM and marketing efforts align seamlessly.
4. Accelerate Activities - Workflow automation can also help accelerate activities by automating sales cadences. By using tools such as Salesforce process builders to help automatically add contacts to cadences, Salesforce workflow automation does a great job at streamlining activities for your team. Wondering how to automatically create tasks in Salesforce for your team? That can easily be done with Salesvue, a Salesforce-native application.
5. Streamline and Analyze Processes - If everyone is performing the same processes in the same way (since we mentioned automated cadences), you are better able to compare your sales team’s individual performances. With an apples-to-apples comparison, sales managers can identify the rock stars and those who may need further training.
6. Step-by-Step Action - Automation helps provide step-by-step procedures for sellers to follow. Without it, some may be tempted to skip steps that they see as meaningless or cannot figure out. However, workflow automation helps keep sellers on track by adding structure and accountability for task completion.
7. Visibility into Tasks - With workflow automation, sellers and team leaders can look into different cadences and tasks. This helps highlight many things, such as where a lead is in the funnel and buying journey. If this lead goes unassigned or has not been reached out to in a while, the team leader can then see this and act appropriately to get the lead back on track.
8. Consistent Results - Sales processes are only as good as you make them. So, by seeing into the success of them through workflow automation, sales leaders will have an easier time making tweaks to find what works best. For example, by implementing different variables such as how many phone calls are made, the team lead would be able to see how different processes compare. A/B testing is a crucial part of defining the best processes, and this is made easier through automation.
9. Implementing Change - Change can be scary, but it should not also be difficult. Through automation, change can be made quickly and universally throughout the entire organization. This eliminates the need to slowly rollout changes through each department. With automation, these can be made instantly, saving both time and headaches.
10. Easier Onboarding - The age of training taking days or even weeks is in the past. Now, through workflow automation, your new sellers can be making their first scripted calls within minutes. By automating activities that route prospect information, scripts, and instructions to new sellers, they will be provided with a clear road map for success the moment they open their computer.
Workflow Automation Tools
Utilizing Salesforce workflow automation tools provide many benefits for your team. The best workflow automation tool for teams that use Salesforce is Salesvue.
Salesvue is a Salesforce-native sales engagement platform that provides the automation necessary to separate yourself from the competition. Salesvue helps your sellers actually sell by helping automate the annoying administrative tasks that take up most of the day.
Each department can create multiple processes or cadences for different aspects of the business to ensure that the entire sales cycle is covered, and no business is falling through the cracks.
Subscribe to Funnel Vision
Get the latest and greatest right in your inbox