Sales engagement platforms, or SEPs, are engineered to equip your sales team with the tools needed for success. They allow your sellers to engage with prospects and customers across multiple channels. Sales engagement platforms can help keep sellers organized and streamline their workflow through automation and integration. By automating low level manual tasks, and integrating with CRM, phone, email, and more, SEPs will help make your sellers’ day-to-day much easier.
What is a Sales Engagement Platform?Sales engagement platforms are tools that help with the interaction between sellers and their prospects and customers. These platforms should be a part of your sales tech stack and are a crucial part of every successful sales team. They help sellers by automating tasks, providing organized daily activity, and allowing easy ways of recording results. Sales leaders benefit from SEPs because they gain insight into their teams through analytics and reporting. Leaders will now be able to see various ways to increase their team’s effectiveness and efficiency.
What a Sales Engagement Platform is Not
CRMSales engagement platforms are not CRM. CRMs, like Salesforce, are tools used to help track and hold sales data. Yes, a CRM platform is essential for every sales team. However, trying to use them as a SEP is very time consuming and inconvenient.
Marketing AutomationSales engagement platforms are not marketing automation platforms either. Marketing automation platforms are used to produce leads. However, their use in the sales cycle ends there. These platforms, unlike SEPs, do not facilitate engagement between sellers and prospects.
Sales EnablementWhile the two types of platforms listed above may seem obvious, the difference between sales enablement and sales engagement is not. They are often used interchangeably, but this is wrong. Sales enablement platforms and sales engagement platforms differ with how they help a sales team. Sales enablement is used to help enable sales execution, whereas sales engagement is used to engage with prospects at every point throughout the sales cycle. While sales enablement can fall under many aspects of the business, sales engagement is used by the sales management team.
Why You Need a Sales Engagement PlatformThe use of sales engagement platforms is quickly becoming necessary in the eyes of team leaders. Many leaders have realized that technology like a SEP is the best way to increase their effectiveness and efficiency. Checkout these findings from two Salesforce articles about customer engagement and customer expectations.
- 56% of customers look to buy from innovative companies
- 59% of customers want businesses to have the newest tech
- 76% of customers expect communication from multiple channels
- 83% of customers look for immediate engagement from a company
Benefits of a Sales Engagement PlatformSales engagement platforms provide many benefits for teams. They help manage the seller and prospect or customer relationship from beginning to end. Sales engagement platforms can help teams close more deals in less time. Here is how:
- Phone services such as click-to-call, live agent power dialers, and voicemail drop templates save time while ensuring prospects and customers get the attention they expect.
- Automated emails, email scheduling, and the ability to send both one-to-one and one-to-many emails allow personalized messages to reach prospects at just the right time, while A/B testing helps reps focus on the right messaging.
- Lead generation content is available 24/7 in the SEP so that sales reps can provide prospects with the value-added information at the appropriate time during the buying journey.
- Reports that tie sales activities to marketing initiatives allow sales teams to save time and identify the most productive plan at any stage in the sales cycle.
- Automatically triggering other activities or actions based on the outcomes of the sales team’s defined activities gives customers a personal experience while cutting down on administrative time.
- A platform that is native to Salesforce (such as Salesvue) gives reps a single interface that lets them communicate with customers without syncing or needing to update data in multiple places. In fact, Salesvue users do not ever have to leave Salesforce, and neither does any important prospect or customer data.
- Multiple follow-up plans based on account or persona provide structure to help sales teams improve conversations-to-qualification ratio more efficiently.
- With customized best-practice cadences, a SEP lets sales teams take advantage of the best sales behaviors in their organization.
- A platform with a mobile app allows inside and outside sales teams to be on the same page, documenting meeting details and moving opportunities forward in real-time.
What is the Best Sales Engagement PlatformDue to the benefits of sales engagement platforms and the recent explosion in the industry, there are dozens of platforms to choose from. However, if you use Salesforce, there is one option better than the rest. That platform is Salesvue. Since Salesvue lives natively within Salesforce, you get all the benefits of a SEP partnered with the seamless workflow offered with a native Salesforce integration. Your sellers will not have to work with multiple tabs or worry about common issues that arise through non-native platform usage. Salesvue is designed to alleviate common pains caused by other SEPs and solves for them.
SummaryAll business and sales leaders can benefit from implementing a sales engagement platform. Whether your company is B2B, B2C, small, large, or anything in between, these platforms will help. The benefits of sales engagement translate to teams everywhere, as all could benefit from insights, automated low-level tasks, and a more organized day. With more and more leaders seeing a need for this type of technology, there seems to be endless options for which platform to pick. However, if you currently use Salesforce, there is one option that stands head-and-shoulders above the rest, Salesvue. Get the most out of your Salesforce and sales engagement platform by picking one that works together with Salesforce.
Subscribe to Funnel Vision
Get the latest and greatest right in your inbox