A sales enablement platform is a powerful tool used to improve the performance of your sales force by aligning your sales and marketing teams, properly onboarding new sales reps and informing your best practices through the use of technology. According to independent fact-based research company Aberdeen, “Organizations with sales enablement efforts are 96% more likely to achieve competitive levels of sales sophistication, compared to organizations without sales enablement (47% vs. 24%).” In this post, we’ll discuss the facets of sales enablement platforms and how to tell if you need one.
What does an effective sales enablement platform do?
- It aligns your sales and marketing teams. When deals fail to close, everyone looks for someone to blame. Salespeople say that marketing is giving them unqualified leads, and the marketing team claims that the sales team is not properly following up on leads. According to research by the Content Marketing Institute, “Content marketing generates over three times as many leads as outbound marketing and costs 62% less.” There is no doubt that marketing teams enable sales teams with content, but it’s not a one way street. When communicating with prospects, sales can glean ideas for new content that may be needed at the various points in buyer’s journeys. An effective sales enablement platform brings together both sales and marketing teams and helps to provide the right content at the right time to the right people.
- It provides smooth onboarding of new sales reps. Research for Glassdoor found that “organizations with a strong onboarding process improve new hire retention by 82 percent and productivity by over 70 percent.” Without proper onboarding, important information ends up being siloed in various departments, or people with in-depth knowledge don’t think to share it with their whole team. Having a repository for call scripts, sales playbooks, competitor overviews, client reports, and any information that can help your SDRs be successful reduces the time it takes to ramp up to more customer-facing contact.
- It informs best practices. Many successful organizations have stories about a sales rep unicorn, a legendary being who is simply better than everyone else at selling their products and services. While it’s not probable that you’ll find and hire a whole team of unicorns, a sales enablement platform can help you scale by streamlining and incorporating your best sales techniques to increase effectiveness and efficiency in your sales team. Leverage the best practices you’ve identified with configurable workflows throughout the entire sales cycle based on the needs of your prospects and customers. Sales enablement platforms can help you scale by letting you define an activity or series of activities you want your team members to follow and automatically triggering other activities or actions based on the outcomes of your defined activities.
How do you know if you need a sales enablement platform?
- Sales and marketing teams are at odds even though they have the same goals. The whole company wants increased revenue and everyone is cheering on the sales team, so what’s the problem? According to research by Sirius, nine percent more growth occurs when a business aligns their marketing and sales departments to enable better communication. A sales enablement platform can get both departments on the same page about content and cadence, resulting in more closed deals.
- Sales reps are not all following the same process. A sales enablement platform like Salesvue can deliver configurable workflows throughout the entire sales cycle based on the needs of prospects and customers. With the same processes being followed by everyone, it’s easier to tell what works and what doesn’t.
- Sales scripts are inconsistent across the team. According to Forbes, 70 percent of the most successful US companies provide a consistent sales message throughout the entire buying journey, compared to just 37 percent of all the other companies. A sales enablement platform allows you to make sure you are delivering a consistent, reliable experience to your prospects and customers.
- Conversion rates are down, quotas aren’t being met, and you don’t know why. With the analytics in your sales enablement platform, you can identify areas needing improvement. You can tell which campaigns are most successful, when is the best time to call, which types of customers give you the best results, and more.
There are many sales enablement platforms out there, so you will need to identify your needs to make sure you are choosing the right one for your organization. For an idea of how Salesvue stacks up with similar platforms, check out this post comparing Salesvue with Outreach and SalesLoft. If you would like a personalized demo to see how Salesvue can help you better enable your sales team, request a demo and we’ll contact you.
Salesvue is a Salesforce-native sales engagement and sales enablement platform that helps you bring synergy to the whole team. Because you and your data never leave Salesforce, sales and marketing teams have easy access to share and manage all customer and prospect data.
With Salesvue, you get real-time insights into how your sales team is performing, what is being discussed in each call, and the effectiveness of your campaigns. Data analysis even shows you objection patterns, so you can manage the marketing message and the sales conversation better. Request a demo today to see how we can empower your sales organization to do more, close more, and improve more.